How to change the battery on your 2021 Mazda CX-5 key fob (side buttons)
- Step One: Remove the back cover of the dead key fob by carefully prying between the black back and chrome side piece. A plastic pry tool is recommended to help prevent marring the plastic.
- Step Two: Remove the battery cover but remember the orientation.
- Step Three: Remove and properly discard the bad battery.
- Step Four: Put the new CR2025 cell battery flat-side up and replace the battery cover.
- Step Five: Replace the key fob cover by pressing firmly on all four corners until it clicks into place. It should be flush on all sides when properly seated.
Congratulations, you have successfully replaced your key fob battery 🥳🎉!
What you will need:
- Key fob with a dead battery
- Lithium CR2025 Cell Battery
- Plastic pry tool or flathead screwdriver (or strong fingernails 😉)